Video X Player does not collect or use any personal data, but it contains Microsoft Advertising modules, that are collecting and using location data and/or user-related information and providing this information to Microsoft for Microsoft’s advertising use.
If you are expecting Bluetooth connection problems, with do the following:
- First of all make sure that you have paired Bluetooth OBD2 adapter in your phone/tablet/laptop/PC settings.
- Check that you have selected correct device in Car Scanner settings. Please, do not try to connect to your car audio Bluetooth system. It can’t be used for diagnostic purposes!
- Sometimes if your phone is connected to your car multimedia system via Bluetooth, Windows OS prevents establishing connection to OBD2 adapter. You need to disconnect or remove Bluetooth connection with your car multimedia system.
- Don’t forget to turn on ignition or start your car engine.
- Make sure that other apps or devices not using OBD2 adapter.
- Plug adapter away from it’s socket and plug in again.
- If your adapter has a button, push it several times.
- Restart your phone/tablet/laptop/PC (turn off and turn on)
- Delete adapter from your phone/tablet/laptop/PC Bluetooth settings and pair it again.
- If nothing helped, uninstall Car Scanner and install it again from Windows Store (see explanation below).
Mobile/Phone version: when you install or update Car Scanner, Windows store installer should give it Bluetooth access permissions. But sometimes, because of Microsoft bugs, Windows store installer doesn’t do that and Car Scanner is unable to connect to any Bluetooth device, because it doesn’t have enough permissions. This can be fixed only by reinstalling it.
PC/tablet/laptop: when Car Scanner tryes to use Bluetooth connection for the very first time, Windows system should ask you to grant access to Bluetooth device. Sometimes, because of Microsoft Windows bugs, it doesn’t ask you or you can accidently answer “No” and Car Scanner is unable to connect to Bluetooth device, because it doesn’t have enough permissions. This can be fixed only by reinstalling it, since Windows OS allows to ask for permissions for only one time.
Windows Phone / Windows Mobile / Windows version:
Car Scanner and Car Scanner Pro does not collect or use your personal data, but it is using Microsoft Advertising modules, that are collecting and using location data and/or user-related information and providing this information to Microsoft for Microsoft’s advertising use.
Apple iOS version:
Car Scanner doesn’t collect any personal related data, but Car Scanner uses Google AdMob advertising module, that can collect data and send it to Google in order to show you advertising.
Google may use the advertising ID from the device on which the ad is serving to generate interests and demographics (for example, ‘sports enthusiasts’). Interests, demographics, and other data may be used to serve better targeted ads to the user.
Is Car Scanner compatible with my car? I receive lot’s of e-mails with this question and it’s not as easy as it seems.
Car Scanner is compatible with all cars, that are compatible with ELM327.
And ELM327 is compatible with OBDII compliant cars.
Continue reading About car compatibility and OBDII standard
So, you have bought ELM327 adapter, downloaded Car Scanner Pro or Car Scanner.
Your next step would be connection setup between your Windows Phone 8.1 / Windows Mobile 10 smartphone and ELM327 adapter. Car Scanner supports 2 types of adapters:
- ELM327 with Bluetooth
- ELM327 with Wi-Fi
Continue reading How to setup connection on Windows Phone 8.1 / Windows Mobile 10
This articles is related to Nissan/Infinity/Datsun (sometimes even Renault) cars, that were made from 2002-2008 and has no CAN support.
1. Problem description.
If you have a Nissan/Infinity/Datsun or Renault and you:
- can’t connect to your car,
- or connection is established successfully, but Car Scanner shows you only “ELM voltage”
Continue reading Connecting to 2002-2008 Nissan/Infinity/Datsun
Sorry, this article is available only in Russian language.